This tutorial will teach you how to change the maximum carrying weight limit for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and it also contains important informations about doing so.
- You'll have to download the WinRAR archive in the link on the bottom of the page, the archive contains these two files: system.ltx and Actor.ltx. Extract the files in your S.T.A.L.K.E.R. directory which for retail buyers should be located in C:/Program files/THQ/S.T.A.L.K.E.R. -Shadow of Chernobyl/Gamedata/ and for Steam users it should be located in C:Program files/Steam/SteamApps/Common/Stalker shadow of Chernobyl/gamedata
- After installing the files correctly we can finnaly start to change the weight. First look for the line called max\_weight in the system.ltx file by opening it with notepad, it should be set to 50, we'll be changing it to the desired number, let's say 150.
- Now go look for the line called max\_item\_mass in the actor.ltx file, located in config/creatures, by opening it with notepad, change the max\_item\_mass to the same number has for max\_weight, it would be 150 this time.
- When your done with those steps look for the line named max\_walk\_weight in the actor.ltx file by opening it with notepad and change it's value to something higher then the one you picked for max\_item\_mass and max\_weight, let's say 170.
Now there's some important information that you must know about changing the carrying weight limit.
- The max\_item\_mass and max\_weight lines affect the carrying weight at which your character will start to become affected by the weight of your items, your character will start moving slower, your jumps will be smaller, your fatigue will increase much faster while running and you'll even be fatigued by walking normally.
- The max\_walk\_weight line defines the ultimate limit for carrying weight, that's the maximum carrying weight at which your character will be unable to move any further unless you drop some items.
- Changing the max\_item\_mass, the max\_walk\_weight and the max\_weight lines will make your character jump higher, not a lot higher but at some point, say above 1000, your Stalker will make jumps very high that will result in instant death, there's a line that affects the landing damage and if tweaked correctly you can jump from area to area but I don't know which line it is, sorry, if people start asking for it, I'll try adding that to my tutorial.