This tutorial will teach you how to change the maximum carrying weight limit for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and it also contains important informations about doing so.
- You'll have to download the WinRAR archive in the link on the bottom of the page, the archive contains these two files: system.ltx and Actor.ltx. Extract the files in your S.T.A.L.K.E.R. directory which for retail buyers should be located in C:/Program files/THQ/S.T.A.L.K.E.R. -Shadow of Chernobyl/Gamedata/ and for Steam users it should be located in C:Program files/Steam/SteamApps/Common/Stalker shadow of Chernobyl/gamedata
- After installing the files correctly we can finnaly start to change the weight. First look for the line called max_weight in the system.ltx file by opening it with notepad, it should be set to 50, we'll be changing it to the desired number, let's say 150.
- Now go look for the line called max_item_mass in the actor.ltx file, located in config/creatures, by opening it with notepad, change the max_item_mass to the same number has for max_weight, it would be 150 this time.
- When your done with those steps look for the line named max_walk_weight in the actor.ltx file by opening it with notepad and change it's value to something higher then the one you picked for max_item_mass and max_weight, let's say 170.
Now there's some important information that you must know about changing the carrying weight limit.
- The max_item_mass and max_weight lines affect the carrying weight at which your character will start to become affected by the weight of your items, your character will start moving slower, your jumps will be smaller, your fatigue will increase much faster while running and you'll even be fatigued by walking normally.
- The max_walk_weight line defines the ultimate limit for carrying weight, that's the maximum carrying weight at which your character will be unable to move any further unless you drop some items.
- Changing the max_item_mass, the max_walk_weight and the max_weight lines will make your character jump higher, not a lot higher but at some point, say above 1000, your Stalker will make jumps very high that will result in instant death, there's a line that affects the landing damage and if tweaked correctly you can jump from area to area but I don't know which line it is, sorry, if people start asking for it, I'll try adding that to my tutorial.
Here's a tip, when in notepad use CTRL+F and then type Max_weight and there you have it, the line you were looking for.